Reasons to ride and run the Gravel & Grape
1. Fun – you will have it!
2. Great trails that can only be accessed during the event.
3. Unique, rocky terrain that will test you.
4. The ideal time of year to enjoy everything the Breedekloof Wine Valley has to offer – not too hot, not too cold.
5. Take part in a unique two-day event by riding one day, and running the next.
6. Family-friendly area with lots of space for the kids to roam.
7. Support local – excellent wineries and restaurants that are family-owned.
8. Visit the Chenin Capital of South Africa.
9. Laidback country atmosphere.
10. An excellent event for the whole family.
Q Where is the Breedekloof Wine Valley
A The Breedekloof Wine Valley is a wine-producing region an hour from Cape Town on the N1. The nearest small town is Rawsonville.
Q How do I get to the Breedekloof Wine Valley?
A From Cape Town, take the N1 through the Huguenot Tunnel. Take the Rawsonville/R101 turn-off and drive until you find the accommodation that you have booked. From Paarl, Durbanville, Stellenbosch or Franschhoek, make your way onto the N1 and do the same thing. From Cape Town International, take the N2 from the airport and turn onto the R300 – follow the R300 until the N1 turn off, drive to the Breedekloof Wine Valley.
Q Where can I stay during the Gravel & Grape?
A You will find a variety of accommodation options here – https://breedekloof.com
Q Is there camping at the race village?
A No, there are no camping facilities at the race villages as these are on private wine estates. There are however camping facilities in the Breedekloof Wine Valley.
Q Where can I eat during the Gravel & Grape?
A There are a number of restaurants in the area: Opstal Estate, Bergsig Bistro, Ou Meul, Ou Stokery, Bosjes (booking essential) and Die Eike.
Q Can I ride an e-bike at the Gravel & Grape?
Q Can I ride a gravel bike at the Gravel & Grape?
A You can, but you won’t enjoy it. This is a pure mountain bike event for mountain bikes.
Q How technical is the event?
A If you can ride a mountain bike, you can ride the Gravel & Grape. However, the trails are not manicured like some bike parks and feature challenges that will test your ability. If you can walk or run, you can walk or run the Gravel & Grape Trail Run.
Q What wine should I drink after my ride?
A Depending on the weather, we recommend a crisp chenin, which the valley is known for. After that, there are a number of options to choose from
(023) 349 1791